2013 Mac Daddy Competition
Vegan Mac & Cheese Cook-Off
Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:30pm
Location 126 Eastern Ave, Worcester, MA
Enter your best vegan mac & cheese recipe in the 2013 Mac Daddy Competition. Is your dish better than all the rest? Win fame, prizes, & some sweet bling.
Bring a few dollars, this is a fundraiser for VegWorcester. $5-$10 at the door (but no one will be turned away for lack of funds).
Why avoid dairy?Â Jump to the answer below.
- All dishes entered must be vegan. That means donâ€™t use any animal products. Forego dairy, meat and eggs. Â See below if you need some tips on cooking.
- Dishes must include some kind of pasta and some kind of cheese-like thing. The rest is up to you. Letâ€™s see some really creative andÂ deliciousÂ dishes.
- One entry per person. You can only enter one dish in the competition.
Winners will be decided by popular vote. The details of voting will be explained at the event. Last year the voting was a little confusing. This time we promise it will way easier.
- Check out the winning recipe from 2010 or stop by WooDaddy Waffle and try to get them to share their winning recipe from 2011.
- You could pick up some soy cheese from theÂ Living Earth.
- Or tryÂ nutritional yeast and flour. Compassion Over Killing hasÂ a good recipe to get you started.
- OrÂ make some cashew-based cheese.
- Google for some recipes, if you donâ€™t have any ideas.
- Pro-tip: most brands of bacon bits are vegan.
Why Make It Vegan?
Every cow in the dairy industry is forced to give birth every single year in order to keep producing milk. Those calves are ripped from their mothers at birth and sold to the veal industry. Theyâ€™re shackled in wooden crates for the entirety of their short, miserable lives. These calves are tortured, killed, cut up, and then their corpses are turned into veal to be fed to rich people. Yuck!
Veg-friendly Restaurants in Worcester
For a list of restaurants in the Worcester area with lots of good dairy-free options seeÂ http://VegWorcester.com/restaurants Belmont Veg has vegan mac & cheese almost every day.