Vegan cooking class this weekend in Shrewsbury, June 3 – It’s free too [Event]
Posted by Drew.
This Sunday, June 3 at the Shrewsbury Senior Center, Community Health Group &Â the Seventh Day Adventist church are holding a free vegan cooking class.
You may remember Community Health Group from the Worcester VegFest 2012. They run cooking classes and catering in our neighboring town of Shrewsbury. This weekend you can have a personal cooking class from the family who ran Country Life restaurant in Boston. The menu sounds amazing: “Chicken” Primavera, Creamy potato salad, Pottage Du Fromage. Yum!
Following the cooking class the pastor from Worcester’s Seventh Day Adventist Church will give a workshop called, “Ten Times Wiser:Â Bible Secrets of the Plant-based Diet”. See below for more info.
From Craig at Community Health Group (facebook):
Our next event is fast approaching. Â Plan ahead and learn to eat healthy so you can stay trim and enjoy your summer activities.Â Our culinary experts will focus on making delicious vegetarian recipes that are actually good for you. The class will include a demonstration of recipes and samples of the dishes that have been prepared. Here is a the menu:
- Swedish Cardamom Braid Bread
- Jen’s easy No-knead Bread
- Pottage Du Fromage Â (Cheesy Broccoli Soup)
- Vegan Gravy (Chicken and Beef style)
- Tofu “Chicken” PrimaveraÂ
- Vegan Veggie Burgers
- Soy Sour Cream
- Creamy Vegan Potato SaladAll of this is to be followed by aÂ 20-minuteÂ talk on VegetarianismÂ by speaker Barry Kimbrough.Â ”Ten Times Wiser: Â Bible Secrets of the Plant-based Diet”Â will Â focus on the ancient wisdom of the prophets who reveal a better way to eat that is being proven by current science. Â The 20-minute talk will also cite results of a Babylonian clinical study, under the leadership of King Nebuchadnezzar, Â that proved the benefits of vegan living to citizens of this great kingdom of old.
The best part will definitely be eating everything that you made.