Cruelty at McDonald’s Eggs Farm and All Egg Farms [Video]
Posted by Drew.
A new undercover investigation by Mercy For Animals found egg-laying hens crammed into tiny cages and workers brutalizing birds. The chickens are housed on an egg farm in Iowa, Colorado and Minnesota, used by McDonalds.
Please watch this investigation. It can be tough to watch, but you should spend 4 minutes and watch it. These conditions are the industry-norm. 99.99% of all eggs come from places like this. Whether the eggs come from Price Chopper, Shaws, Stop-n-shop, or Wegmans, Whole Foods, or the Living Earth, they most likely come from a factory farm like the one shown in this video.
See the video investigation for yourself:
If you’re still eating eggs, please go vegan. It has never been easier, especially in Worcester. This city has so many restaurants with awesome vegan options.
Hidden-camera footage taken at Sparboe facilities in Iowa, Minnesota and Colorado reveals:
- Hens crammed into filthy wire cages with less space for each bird than a standard-sized sheet of paper to live her entire miserable life, unable to fully stretch her wings or engage in most other natural behaviors
- Workers burning off the beaks of young chicks without any painkillers and callously throwing them into cages, some missing the cage doors and hitting the floor
- Workers grabbing hens by their throats and ramming them into battery cages
- Rotted hens, decomposed beyond recognition as birds, left in cages with hens still laying eggs for human consumption
- A worker tormenting a bird by swinging her around in the air while her legs were caught in a grabbing device – violence described as “torture” by another worker
- A worker shoving a bird into the pocket of another employee without any regard for the animal’s fear and suffering
- Chicks trapped and mangled in cage wire – others suffering from open wounds and torn beaks
- Live chicks thrown into plastic bags to be suffocated
Read more about the investigation on: McDonaldsCruelty.com