Full List of 2011 Worcester VegFest Coverage [Photos, Video, Blogs]
Posted by Drew.
- Spirit of Change ran our ad in their quarterly magazine
- Telegram & Gazette ran a full page article in the lifestyle section, entitled “Worcester VegFest 2011 ready for healthy sized crowd“
- As a sponsor, Worcester Mag publishedÂ our advert and a quick mention in their BITES section
- WCCA TV Channel 13 ran a half-hour video interview with Drew (me!) throughout the month of April
- Charlene’s did an episode of her radio show, on WCUW 91.3FM, about why people are vegan and promoting the Worcester VegFest
- We had a vegan Mac & Cheese cook-off and a bake sale to raise money and we did a ton of blogging about VegFest here on VegWorcester.com
- And of course there were posters all over the city and posted on blogs. (Thank you to our volunteers, including the many anonymous ones who just downloaded the poster and put them up at their schools and in their neighborhoods. And thanks to Rae & Greg for designing them!)
Post-VegFest Coverage – Photos, Videos, Blogs
- Telegram & Gazette recorded a video recap of the event with short interviews from organizers, volunteers, and attendees
- Our video volunteer, Justin Duffy, cut together a sweet 3 minute promo complete with a dope Dead Prez song
- Worcester Mag put a photo slideshow on their website
- We posted LOADS of photos on the VegWocester facebook page. Go tag yourself and your friends!
- Jake tabled for Maple Farm Sanctuary and wrote an overview of his experience (Quick, Robin–to the VegFest). Look out for his sweet vegan tattoo pics (pun totally intended).
- Vegan Georgia says she liked the event, but that we should get a bigger venue next year
- Maria from the Vegan World Trekker blog postedÂ photos and a review of the festival from the perspective of a jet setter
- Tee Till Death posted about wearing their Youth of Today, Go Vegetarian shirt to the Worcester VegFest.
- Sarah from Urchin Movement liked the food, but loved the presentations, particularly Terry’s and Will’s.
- Apparently Terry Hope Romero enjoyed doing a cooking demo (and the vegan ice cream from Like No Udder).
- Katie from Hydrogen-Jukebox tells her story about becoming (mostly) vegan and shares some VegFest photos. I didn’t realize that Kiefer’s Kettle Korn had such fancy sodas.
UPDATES: Added Tee Till Death’s blog post, fixed Jake’s link, added urchin movement’s blog post, added Terry’s blog post, added Katie’s post from Hydrogen Jukebox.
So what did you think of the 2011 Worcester VegFest? Please take a couple minutes to fill out our quick survey.